Work Summary by principals of the St. Johns River-to-Sea Loop Alliance and subsequently by the Alliance
• Advocates conceive the St. Johns River-to-Sea Loop.
• Adoption of the Loop as part of the East Coast Greenway.
• Inaugural tour of the Loop organized with Bike Florida.
• Bike Florida adopts Armstrong as a trail friendly community that begins to provide hospitality to Bike Florida tours.
• Based on the Bike Florida-Armstrong connection, the East Coast Greenway Alliance enters into a long-term partnership with the four-state Gullah Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor Commission to advance the Greenway by emphasis on its community building character.
On June 27 a workshop, organized by Volusia Parks, was held at DeBary Hall. Tim Baylie and his Parks and Recreation Team hosted the event. Other speakers included Heather Garcia from FDOT, Maggie Ardito and Herb Hiller from the SJR2C Loop Alliance, Tara McCue from ECFRPC, Kelly White Daytona City Commissioner. From Brevard Sarah Kraum, Edyie McCall and Michael Garau all presented.